This past Saturday, I went to the Texas Farmer’s Market at Lakeline. I was impressed with how big this market has gotten, even in just the last year! If you’re in north Austin and haven’t been to the Lakeline market, make plans to do so. It’s every Saturday from 9am – 1pm.
Remember – if weekend morning excursions are not your thing (hello lazy Sundays), there’s an evening market Wednesday nights at Mueller from 5pm – 8pm. I’ve blogged about it twice before (fall and spring), so read up on it if you’re interested.
Anyway, I wanted to share my haul with you! Here’s what I walked away with:
- Cookies from Teddy V. Patisserie – These cookies were my first stop. I’m always afraid of them selling out, so I pretty much beeline straight there. These HUGE chocolate chip cookies are made with and without walnuts. Personally, I like them without walnuts. When I got them home, I heated my cookie up in the oven, per Elisia’s recommendation. I kept them in just long enough to melt the chocolate (1-2 minutes on 400 degrees). So good! Elisia is the sweetest, so be sure to say hello and chat with her a bit.
- Dog treats from Chow Hound – Winnie is the pickiest dog. She’s like, bad at being a dog, she’s so picky. We buy her all kinds of fun chews and treats and she just throws them around and then lets them sit and collect around the house. Well, I’m happy to report she is OBSESSED with these dehydrated treats from Chow Hound. Her favorite is the chicken hearts, but she also likes the pork liver. These treats don’t even make it out of the kitchen before she eats them and begs for more! Exciting news – look for them on Amazon soon!
- Frozen dumplings from Steamies – They sell this hot and ready to eat at the market, but I opted for the frozen bag. I cooked them in the skillet at home with some oil and then steamed them for a few minutes. These are the pork and cabbage dumplings, but they also have chicken and shiitake mushroom, and a vegan option. Delicious! Be on the lookout for their new brick and mortar off Airport which is coming soon!
- Macarons from The Magical Macaron – I was SO impressed with The Magical Macaron. The macarons were so tasty, and their set up was very impressive! They had a chest/jewelry box thing that was open, displaying their macaron flavors on the different tiers. I was immediately drawn to them. We got one cookie dough and one matcha latte macaron. She also makes some pretty elaborate character macarons! This will for sure be a regular stop for me from now on.
- Crackers from The Sourdough Project – To be honest, I almost ate my whole box of crackers at dinner tonight. I made some guacamole and used my Sourdough Project crackers for dipping and I could not stop eating them, even long after my guacamole was gone.
There you have it! My latest farmer’s market haul. Have you been to the Texas Farmer’s Markets lately? What’s your favorite thing to get?